Friday, October 1, 2010

Sweet Tea oh how I love thee! No more...sniff

When I drink straight tea - no sugar - no sweeteners - you know I am serious.

Desperate times people!

Those pounds I gained last year brought more friends. All unwelcome friends let me assure you.
My doc cousin and his smart as a whip wife - my healthy and normal relatives - enlightened me on the Atkins diet. It certainly helps when your doc cuz is a Duke doc and his other Duke doc friend wrote a book about this.

So tired physically and tired of wondering when I would be skinny again. What! No Fat Fairy?! I took baby steps - no pasta, limit bread, eat eggs, cheese, meat. No mayo and my personal HUGE SACRIFICE No Sweet Tea! No sweeteners at all. Martyr me!

Walk when I get around to it...mile here mile there

Now 20 pounds are gone - took three months but hey! I can finally see the bones in my feet!!!

You know were a bit ummm fluffy when people go WOW! You lost weight!!!!!

Now if I can get another 20 pounds to "go missing" Wow I will be back in all my cute Ann Taylor skirts! and!!! pants!!!! dresses!!! They miss me! I know they do!

I miss them too!

Sad part is when I do have sweet tea my mistake - which happens occasionally - people must assume they heard me wrong - this the South after all - it tastes like syrup.

Sigh...


No comments: